Apple today unveiled the initial developer beta of iOS 17, its next major update for iPhones. Available to developers who pay their annual Apple Developer Program subscription fees, this beta comes packed with new features and updates.
iOS 17 introduces one of its standout new features with a revamped lock screen that now includes a large, customizable clock and widget gallery, along with animated wallpaper options to select.
iOS 17’s new features also include an update to Messages app with SharePlay allowing users to watch movies, listen to music, and play games simultaneously in real-time. In addition, this redesigned interface also supports new Message Effects feature for greater personalization of conversations between friends.
iOS 17 also brings with it several other new features and modifications, such as:
- A new Health app with new features for tracking sleep and heart health
- A new Home app with new features for controlling smart home devices
- A new Safari web browser with new features for privacy and security
- A new Maps app with new features for navigation and augmented reality
Here are more details regarding iOS 17 developer beta:
- The beta is available to developers who have paid for an Apple Developer Program membership.
- The beta can be installed on any eligible iPhone or iPad.
- The beta is not recommended for everyday use, as it may be unstable.
- Developers can provide feedback to Apple by using the Feedback Assistant app.
- The public beta of iOS 17 is expected to be released in July.