Samsung has begun rolling out One UI 5 beta for users with Galaxy Watch4 and Watch5 devices in certain countries such as the US, Canada, South Korea and Germany.
One UI 5 is built upon Android 13 and brings with it many new features and improvements for both the Galaxy Watch4 and Watch5. These include new watch faces, health and fitness features and much more.
To use the One UI 5 beta, users will require their Galaxy Watch4 or Watch5 running One UI 4.5 as well as having installed the Galaxy Wearable app on an Android smartphone, along with having been notified about an available update when it becomes available. When this occurs, they will be asked if they wish to install it immediately or not.
The One UI 5 beta program provides a glimpse of what to expect in its final form and is not recommended for users requiring a stable experience. But those curious to test out all of its new features can sign up.
Here are some of the new features and improvements found in One UI 5:
- A new design with a more modern look and feel
- New watch faces with a variety of styles and options
- New health and fitness features, including improved sleep tracking and stress monitoring
- New productivity features, such as the ability to reply to messages directly from the watch
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
If you own either the Galaxy Watch4 or Watch5, follow these steps to sign up for the One UI 5 beta program:
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your Android smartphone.
- Tap on the About Watch tab.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Tap on One UI Watch Beta Program.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for the beta program.